Looking for the right companion to be with you and to guard your house and the people in it? Thinking of making your children happy by giving the best gift in the world? Well, a dog may just be the best gift ever given to anyone, but it does take a little work to choose the right one.
There are different factors to consider when choosing a dog and this also includes how much money you are willing to spend or if you are going to adopt one. But beyond that, the factors can boil down to even the most specific things. Here is a list of those things.
• Consider size – Dogs come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. This is a really important decision to make. If you have a large house, you might be able to take in any dog size you want. But it’s not only about space. Think about how old your children are and if they can handle, for example, a large dog.
Size is also important to consider because you will then be able to determine how much food you will need to invest in, the kinds of medicines your dog needs, as well as the size of the bed your dog will sleep in or the dog house it will stay in if you leave it outside.
• Consider the breed – When it comes to dogs, they also come with different personalities. Think of the dog that you want for your house and what its primary function will be. Will it be there to merely play the role as a friend or be part of the family?
Do you need a dog that is capable of guarding the house and chasing away unwanted guests? These are things that you must think about when deciding what breed to get.
For example, if you want a guard dog, you may want to get a German Shepherd because this breed can easily be trained, is smart, and they can be aggressive when they have to be. If you really want to scare away thieves, a Rottweiler or Doberman might be best.
On the other hand, if you want a friendly dog around the house, you have many choices. A Collie, Labrador or a Dalmatian is best to have around the house. Research on the kinds of personalities that each dog has before investing in one and you should have no trouble at all in the future when it comes to maintaining them.
• Consider the maintenance – When it comes to maintenance, the first thing you have to think about is if you want a very hairy dog or one that is short-haired. Long-haired dogs tend to be high-maintenance and so you might end up spending a lot of money on grooming and cleaning them.
A short-haired dog is easier to maintain but you might want a dog that is more cuddly than practical.
These are just a few things to consider when buying a dog.
Other Pet Owners Are Also Reading
👍 Food For Dogs
👍 Food For Cats
👍 Small Mammals Knowledge
- 10 Reasons Why You Need A Cv For A Doggy Career
- The “Five Freedoms” Adopted By Animal Welfare Groups
- Pet Rats: 3 Important Elements That You Must Know In 2021 | Make Pets Healthier Under COVID-19
👍 Exotic Pets Knowledge
- 10 Ways To Make Your Home Pet Friendly
- Basic Emergency Supply Kit & Evacuate Tips For Pet Owners
- Some Important Knowledge Before Keeping A Snake In (2021) | Pet Owners Tips
👍 Farm Ranch Knowledge