These days, security is almost always on top of people’s list. The best advice after a great alarm system installation in the house is to get a great guard dog. There are actually many dogs to choose from. But it’s not enough just to get a big dog that looks like it will do the job.
What you need is to do proper research when looking for the right one. Here are a few things to do when you are in the market for a guard dog to keep your love ones and belongings safe round the clock.
• Look For A Guard Dog – Now, there is a difference when it comes to guard dogs and watch dogs. What you need is a dog that will not just bark at strangers or bark to wake you up. You need a very aggressive dog that will chase intruders and perhaps even attack them if it is necessary.
Guard dogs will keep intruders at bay as you wait for more help to arrive from the police. Do not invest in a dog that will just bark when it sees something strange in the yard.
• Get A Protective Dog – You might get a dog that is overly aggressive which means that will attack just about anybody, including yourself. What you need is a dog that is naturally protective of you, your family, and the things in your house.
A German Shepherd is a perfect example of a breed that will not only guard a house but it can also be a part of the family that it protects.
This natural protection is a trait in a dog that is most sought after by many dog owners. Other breeds may include Dobermans, Labradors, and Rottweilers. However, their training levels all vary so make sure you get a dog that can be trained easily as well as look scary.
• Get A Strong Dog – Believe it or not, there are some large dogs that aren’t actually very aggressive or strong at all. So, do research on some dog breeds that are lively and active. You may want to look for a dog that is slim, muscular and strong.
Dobermans are usually the best breed when it comes to chasing down burglars but even Rottweilers and German Shepherds can be quite quick. The important thing is to find a dog that has great stamina and will not be put down easily by intruders.
• Get A Trainable Dog – The last thing that you need is a dog that will not listen to the commands that you are giving to it. A good guard dog is one that will listen to its owners and do exactly as it is told. Of course, the dog also has to be friendly and playful especially if you have children around the house.
You don’t want your children to be afraid of going outside because your guard dog won’t let them. The bottom line is to get a smart dog that is easily trained and one that is loyal to you and your loved ones.
Other Pet Owners Are Also Reading
- No More Choke Collar in 2021 – Making the Dog Walking Experience Enjoyable Again
- 5 Best Tips To Solve Food Allergies In Dogs
- Pet Jokes: 15 Reasons Why Dogs Are Better Than Girlfriends
👍 Food For Dogs
👍 Food For Cats
👍 Small Mammals Knowledge
- How To Successfully Treat A Flea Infestation?
- CBD Dosage For Pets
- A Basic Guide To Care For Your Guinea Pig In 2021 | Knowledge For Keeping Pets
👍 Exotic Pets Knowledge
- Male Pet Names
- 5 Important Tips Before You Start To Keep A Lizard (2021) | New Pet Owners Knowledge
- 5 Guidelines In Selecting The Best Veterinary Clinic For Your Pet’s Needs
👍 Farm Ranch Knowledge