The Airedale was originally bred as a working dog used during the world war one. They originate in England. The Airedale is often called the king of terriers as they are the largest of the terrier breeds.
>>> Read Next >>>
- As terriers do, they love digging and barking. Make sure you are up for that before acquiring one as they are very energetic.
- They will need daily exercise to keep their energy levels at bay and to stimulate their minds, or they will become naughty and agitated.
- They make great guard dogs, police dogs and guide dogs.
- Playful and fun loving, they love the company of their humans and gets along great with kids, they make a great family dog companion.
- They are loyal and protective of their family members.
- It is important to socialise your dog from a young age to make sure no dominance display is projected.
>>> Read Next >>>
A professionally groomed Airedale looks absolutely lovely. They have a coarse wiry coat that feels hard to the touch and a very soft undercoat that acts as insulation and protection. Grooming is recommended on a regular basis, at least every 6-8 weeks.
If they are used for showing, their coats may be hand stripped but for a family pet, shaving is good enough. They need to be shaved into the breed standard clip, washed, dried and have their ears cleaned and nails checked. Regular brushing and bathing between grooming sessions will keep the coat in immaculate condition.
They have a lifespan of about 11 years. Like most terriers, they are liable to suffer from hip dysplasia and skin conditions but are overall healthy especially compared to problems associated with other breeds.
Other Pet Owners Are Also Reading
- Help! My Dog’s Hair Won’t Grow Back!
- Making Pet Adoption Succesful
- The Domestication Of Animal Species Has A Direct Impact On Pet Dog’s Nutritional Requirements
👍 Food For Dogs
👍 Food For Cats
👍 Small Mammals Knowledge
- How To Take Care Of An Adopted Rabbit?
- Best Carpet Cleaning Machine For Pet Urine Removal (Reviews & Purchasers Guide 2021)
- Basic Emergency Supply Kit & Evacuate Tips For Pet Owners
👍 Exotic Pets Knowledge
- Top 10 Fundraising Ideas For Animal Charities
- 5 Important Tips Before You Start To Keep A Lizard (2021) | New Pet Owners Knowledge
- Pet Snake & Venom FAQs
👍 Farm Ranch Knowledge