Soft Slicker Brush
We have asked around a few salons to see which brushes work and which don’t. All come up with the unanimous answer: the soft slicker brush is the clear favourite. Some salons use nothing but the slicker brush.
But why is it so important to brush your dog? Brushing the hair will remove dead debris from short coated dogs like jack Russell terriers. On long coated dogs regular brushing will keep it from getting matted and knotted. Slicker brushing also massage the skin whilst brushing which releases natural skin oils beneficial for the coat.
You may also have noticed that when you brush your pet, the hair gets a lovely shine to it. This is because sebum, which is an oil stored in a sebaceous gland at the base of the hair follicle, gets released and distributed all over the coat when brushing. So brushing will help keep your dog’s coat healthier.
✅ Best Grooming Slicker Brush For Pets
Best doodle brush evah! BUY IT NOW!!! – Best doodle brush on the market, aside from the wide les pooches brushes. They are well worth the money if you own a doodle or any other long haired poodle mix, OES, BRT, chnauzer, etc. Any curly long haired breed.
>>> Read Next >>>
Different Types Of Brushes
There are a huge variety of different brushes and you can spend a lot of your hard earned cash investing in brushes that just does not work.
Brushes that are available on the market that we just would not recommend are
- Soft bristle – these brushes have bristle that are too soft to remove any dead skin and it does not remove any mats or knotted hair. It simply smoothes over the coat. It is great for spreading the healthy oils over the coat, more like a shining brush.
- Wire pin bristle – wire pin bristle brushes have wires with little protective cushions on the edges of each bristle, almost like the head of a needle. Whilst it is in principle a good idea if you think it will protect your dog’s skin from getting brush burn or puncture wounds, it also makes the brush totally useless. It does not aid in shining the coat and it does not help to remove knots.
- Rubber curry – this is great as a massaging tool and might remove the odd few dead hairs. Great to get a puppy or a kitten use to getting brushed but other than that, don’t waste your time.
>>> Read Next >>>
Why Is The Soft Slicker Brush So Great?
The soft slicker brush has a relaxed pin cushion and the pins have a special bend near the ends. This helps to create lift and movement so the brush picks up more hair than a normal brush. Also the fact that the pin cushion is soft and the pins bended makes it super safe to use on any dog.
The length in the pin helps the brush to penetrate through long coats. The motion it creates will cut your brushing time needed by at least half. The lightweight colourful design has a non-slip handle and ergonomic design. You will notice the back is curved.
This is to allow more control and help with smooth movement whilst brushing. The long smooth handle reduces stress on hand and arm reducing any tiredness from brushing.
Soft slicker brushes can be used for any pet whether they have long or short hair, whether they are puppies or old dogs and it works especially well for animals with extra sensitive skin. Perfect for regular, daily brushing!
Other Pet Owners Are Also Reading
- 5 Must-Have Items For Dogs
- The Domestication Of Animal Species Has A Direct Impact On Pet Dog’s Nutritional Requirements
- 10 Breeds That Make Good Therapy Dogs
👍 Food For Dogs
👍 Food For Cats
👍 Small Mammals Knowledge
- 4 Crucial Reasons You Must Groom Your Bunny’s Fur And Do Nails Care (2021) | Rabbit Owner Tips
- CBD Dosage For Pets
- FAQ: Functional Rehabilitation And Physiotherapy Of Pets In 2021 | Latest Pet Knowledge By Experts
👍 Exotic Pets Knowledge
- Pet Snake & Venom FAQs
- 2 Things You Should Share With Your Pet
- The “Five Freedoms” Adopted By Animal Welfare Groups
👍 Farm Ranch Knowledge