The bearded dragon is an attractive large pet lizard. Tamed from young by being made familiar with handling in short sessions, the bearded dragon will develop into a friendly and non-aggressive pet which over time will often allow you to feed it by hand.
Bearded dragons also being bathed so that handling is often apprciated provided that it is not done for too long at any one time. As well as being much friendlier than an adult green iguana, the bearded dragon is also smaller, growing to just under two feet in length, which contributes to them being one of the easiest large lizards to keep as pets.
The base of the terrarium for a bearded dragon should be kept dry but can simulate either a desert or a woodland habitat, using rocks and sand or rocks and bark or cork substrate respectively. Beardies will both climb and burrow, will require a shallow water dish and eat both plants and meat.
>>> Read Next >>>
Size Of Terrarium
Terrariums should measure 40×20×20 inches for a single dragon, and an absolute minimum of 60×25×25 inches for a group of one male and two females. Males should be kept separately as they are territorial and will fight over habitat and females.
If keeping more than one dragon in a terrarium, then providing more than one basking area and several feeding areas is definitely advisable, to reduce the likelihood of squabbles and also make sure all the occupants get enough to eat.
Commercially available foods are the easiest and a good option for beardies as they give them the right balance in their diet, which can then be supplemented by meat. Meat should form a substantial part of their diet.
>>> Read Next >>>
The terrarium should be able to be heated to a range of between 86 and 120 degrees Fahrenheit using full-spectrum lighting. This can be supplemented using an under-floor heated pad.
Any waste from bearded dragons should be removed frequently as they are greedy and will produce quantities, which can be a source of infection to these friendly pets.
Other Pet Owners Are Also Reading
- No More Choke Collar in 2021 – Making the Dog Walking Experience Enjoyable Again
- Best Ways To Put Your Puppy In Cars (2021) | Dog Safety Matters
- Best Carpet Cleaning Machine For Pet Urine Removal (Reviews & Purchasers Guide 2021)
👍 Food For Dogs
👍 Food For Cats
👍 Small Mammals Knowledge
- 5 Guidelines In Selecting The Best Veterinary Clinic For Your Pet’s Needs
- Common FAQ When You Choose A Pet Sitter | Tips For Animal Owners In 2021
- FAQ: Functional Rehabilitation And Physiotherapy Of Pets In 2021 | Latest Pet Knowledge By Experts
👍 Exotic Pets Knowledge
- Important Tips To Keep An Unusual Pet (Whip Scorpion) In 2021
- Crucial Knowledge When Keeping A Leopard Gecko In 2021 | Care For Your Lizard Under COVID-19
- 5 Important Tips Before You Start To Keep A Lizard (2021) | New Pet Owners Knowledge
👍 Farm Ranch Knowledge