So here’s how things go. There are dog lovers. There are cat lovers. And there are lovers of every other animal. Love for these pets means that you see more to them than just animals but in a sense, they become part of your own family. And as part of your own family, you treat them with the same amount of love and respect as you would your own children. You feed them well, bathe them, and give them a decent place to sleep in. It’s a win-win relationship, right? You make your pets happy, and in return they make you happy as well. So what do you need to do to make your pets happy? The answer is simple. Take care of them like you take care of yourself. What if you don’t? What’s going to happen and what do you have to lose?
- Animals also have their own needs. They need food, water, shelter, hygiene, and others. Before you find pets in pet stores and homes, they are captured from their natural habitat. It is in these places where they feed and breed. Being captured and brought out of their homes would bring a big impact on them and ensure that they won’t be stressed as much owners need to give them what they need for good health and survival. Feeding them, however, is not enough. Pamper them as you pamper yourself, but don’t spoil them. Visit the veterinarian to check if they’re healthy. If you have a cat or a dog, vaccinate them and keep those ectoparasites (e.g. tick and fleas) out of their fur. Give your dogs a walk. Fat dogs don’t live very long. You wouldn’t want to have an ill animal in the house would you?
- Healthy and happy animals are also better companions. Animals, like humans, are aware of who takes care of them. They too know how to repay acts of kindness and even bad acts. Pet owners, especially cats, dogs, horses, and other mammals, need to treat them with respect. These higher forms of animals treat their owners or better their human friends with their respect if ever they do deserve one. Let’s just say, they too can have feelings in one way or another. Other animals, such as fishes, reptiles, and amphibians need extra special care. These animals require specific conditions for their homes. These conditions include lighting, temperature, space, and flooring, among others. Marine fishes, for example, require that the water they live in is just at the right salinity and temperature. Not able to meet the entailed living conditions of these animals, conditions that simulate their natural habitats would lead them to die. Well, if one is not much concerned about their pets’ death, consider it a waste of money then.
- Pet care is very important because pets have their needs which they cannot provide for themselves when they are out of their own “world.” Animals have to adapt to survive. Putting them in cages, however, rob them of the opportunity to survive; so instead, owners have to provide. Neglecting your pets can kill them once they can no longer adjust to their new home. Taking care of your pets is like taking care of a baby. They also need love and attention.
Four Ways To Show A Pet They Are Loved
There are many ways to show a pet that he is loved, but there are four things in particular that a pet owner can do to show that the pet is wanted and cared for without making the animal feel nervous or doubtful. Telling a pet that he is loved is the first step in creating a long lasting and bonded friendship. Never take your pet for granted. Pets have feelings too, just like humans but they do not have the options that we do, like telling us about discomforts in a language that we can understand.
- Getting to know your pet and his moods can make a big difference in the way he is disciplined and how he is loved. Never show a pet that you fear them either, even when they are grumpy. A pet owner can determine the things that will upset an animal and out of respect for that animal, they should ensure that nobody does anything to harm them. An animal such as a dog is very devoted to an owner and disciplining him for protecting someone in the home is wrong. The animal will become confused and likely the animal will not offer protection when it is truly needed. Show a pet that you appreciate the caring even if it was scary to a human.
- Some pets will show a preference for how they want to be picked up at any time of the day. Depending on the age of the dog, it might be experiencing arthritic pain that the owner knows nothing about. Get to know your pet and be able to determine its personality in different situations. If the owner had witnessed the dog limping or being slow when they rose from a sitting position, these would be clues to joint problems and the right to use caution when picking them up from the floor. Some dogs do not react well when they are bothered while napping. A dog’s mood can be changed with vitamins and minerals and if the owner spends some quality time with them.
- A pet will feel very loved if they have the basics to live well every day. Provide the animal with plenty of food and water and on occasion, the pet owner might even consider buying doggie treats or cat treats when they deserve to be rewarded for good behavior. A pet will be very appreciative of these things and will often show large amounts of affection. Pet owners can feel secure in knowing that all people and things at home are right because the animals are acting like they are.
- It helps if pet owners exercise pets on a daily basis. The owner could use the time outside to organize thoughts and take time to relax after a stressful day. The dog will appreciate the time to commune with nature. All of these things are basic in nature but are assured actions that will let a pet know that they are loved and appreciated. The joy of pet ownership goes further than some people thought it would and some people are not suited for owning a pet. The greatest gift of love is returning a pet to a previous owner if it is not loved.