With five cats, I always worry if I have to be away from home around mealtimes. I don’t free feed, but I do supplement canned food with measured amounts of kibble twice a day.
This WOPET F03 automatic feeder has some interesting features. First, you can adjust the amount that it dispenses from 1 to 39 portions, but frankly, one portion is less than a kitten would eat–maybe a tablespoon. To get it even close to the 3/4 – 1 cup I feed mine twice a day, I had to bump it up to 10 portions. You can also dispense up to four times a day. And there’s a manual option if you want to increase the amount in the bowl one time. Because you can only cycle upward with the button to adjust the amount, I’m guessing you have to cycle through all 39 settings if you decide you want fewer portions per meal. There’s no minus button to allow you to adjust the setting downward But presumably, once you have it set the way you want it, you won’t need to adjust it.
It also has a voice recorder feature, the purpose of which escapes me, unless it’s to announce to your cats, in your (distorted) voice, that it’s dinnertime. (Even if you don’t record a message, you’ll hear the dead air of the recorder when the unit dispenses.) But the actual dispensing is so noisy that it seems superfluous–cats will get the idea after hearing it dispense a few times. Plus, I found it rather annoying that the recording plays multiple times per dispensing–like if you have it set for three portions, you’re apt to hear the recording three times. (I never quite figured out how the configuration works, as it wasn’t ten times for ten portions, but it was at least three times.) There doesn’t seem to be any way to turn off the recording feature altogether.
The unit went together fairly easily, though it took some brute force to get the “head” completely centered. And then once it was in place, it took some doing to get it to come apart so I could clean it. In fact, the manual says nothing about how to clean the unit, which is something you’ll want to do after using it for a while, as even dry food leaves residue. You can remove the “head” if you persevere, but there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to clean the compartment inside the unit itself.
The cat head is cute, though it looks kind of angry–like a cartoon cat.
My cats started eating from it almost immediately, so getting them to accept it was not an issue. Whether this is the automatic feeder for you depends on your budget and the features you want.
WOPET F03 automatic feeder Specifications:
- Material: High-quality ABS,environmentally friendly
- Input: AC 100 to 240 V
- Output: 5 V / 0.2 A
- Capacity: 2.5L;
- Feeding Times: 4 meal(breakfast,launch,dinner and 4th meal);
- Portion Control: 1-39 portion control;
- Voice record: 10 second
- Power Supply: batteries or adapter;
- Infrared Induction: To prevent the food spilling or jam;
- Timer Programmable: Feeding your pet at scheduled times and keeping your pet healthy;
More features worth mentioning:
- The Pet Feeder provides flexible amounts from 1 to 39 portions per meal, 5g for 1 portion, allows to give 4 meals a day, you can set the food amount by the control panel.
- Built-in voice recorder and speaker, this automatic cat feeder can record your voice for 10 seconds to call your puppy or kitty for meals. Your personal sound will keep your pet not alone.
- Built-in IR Detector: For your pet’s happy mealtime, the IR detector will have the right angle to prevent the pet food from clogging or overflow. Just be aware that the size of the dry food should not exceed 1 cm3.
- Two ways of power supply.If do not want to use power adaptor, you can change to install batteries(3 new“D” cell, alkaline batteries, Not included). If there is a power outage, the battery backup power enables your timed feedings to continue.
- Customizable Feeder Great for Dogs, Cats, and Small Animals of Various Sizes. Provide an interesting living for your pet with our pet feeder!24-hour professional service center, full refund within 30 days, 12 months warranty, and 24/7/365 technical support.